From Wiki-Security, the free encyclopedia of computer security
Antivirus 360, which is a clone of Antivirus 2009, is another phony antivirus program. Don't confuse Antivirus 360 with the legitimate Norton Antivirus 360 product. Your PC usually gets infected with Antivirus 360 when you install a video codec that comes with a Trojan, malware or virus. You can also get infected with Antivirus 360 by visiting malicious websites. Once your PC is infected, your screen will be bombarded with security alert pop ups saying that your computer is infected. This scam tactic is done in order to try to trick you into buying the sham Antivirus 360 program.
Don't buy the useless Antivirus 360 program and delete the pesky infection right away.
To check your computer for Antivirus 360, download
SpyHunter Spyware Detection Tool.
SpyHunter spyware detection tool is only a scanner meant to assist you in detecting Antivirus 360 and other threats. If you detect the presence of Antivirus 360 on your PC, you have the opportunity to purchase the SpyHunter removal tool to remove any traces of Antivirus 360.
Detection of Antivirus 360 (Recommended)
Antivirus 360 is difficult to detect and remove. Antivirus 360 is not likely to be removed through a convenient "uninstall" feature. Antivirus 360, as well as other spyware, can re-install itself even after it appears to have been removed.
You also run the risk of damaging your computer since you're required to find and delete sensitive files in your system such as DLL files and registry keys. It is recommended you use a good spyware remover to remove Antivirus 360 and other spyware, adware, trojans and viruses on your computer.
Run a Antivirus 360 scan/check to successfully detect all Antivirus 360 files with the SpyHunter Spyware Detection Tool. If you wish to remove Antivirus 360, you can either purchase the SpyHunter spyware removal tool to remove Antivirus 360 or follow the Antivirus 360 manual removal method provided in the "Remedies and Prevention" section.
Method of Infection
There are many ways your computer could get infected with Antivirus 360. Antivirus 360 can come bundled with shareware or other downloadable software.
Another method of distributing Antivirus 360 involves tricking you by displaying deceptive pop-up ads that may appear as regular Windows notifications with links which look like buttons reading Yes and No. No matter which "button" that you click on, a download starts, installing Antivirus 360 on your system. Antivirus 360 installs on your computer through a trojan and may infect your system without your knowledge or consent.
If you think you may already be infected with Antivirus 360, use this SpyHunter Spyware dectection tool to detect Antivirus 360 and other common Spyware infections. After detection of Antivirus 360, the next advised step is to remove Antivirus 360 with the purchase of the SpyHunter Spyware removal tool.
Antivirus 360 may attempt to change your computer's desktop, hijack your browser, monitor your Internet browsing activities, change system files, and can do this without your knowledge or permission. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to remove all traces of Antivirus 360 from your computer.
Remedies and Prevention
Antivirus 360, as well as other Spyware, are constantly evolving and becoming more advanced to avoid detection. Antivirus 360 along with its variants can install in different locations and even when you try to uninstall it you find they reappear when you reboot your computer.
Install a good anti-spyware software
When there's a large number of traces of Spyware, for example Antivirus 360, that have infected a computer, the only remedy may be to automatically run a Spyware scan from a good anti-spyware software designed to detect Antivirus 360 and other types of spyware.
Remove Antivirus 360 manually
Another method to remove Antivirus 360 is to manually delete Antivirus 360 files in your system. Detect and remove the following Antivirus 360 files:
- Antivirus 360.lnk
- c:\Program Files\A360
- %UserProfile%\Desktop\Antivirus 360.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Antivirus 360.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Antivirus 360
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Antivirus 360\Antivirus 360.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Antivirus 360\Registration.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Antivirus 360\Help.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Antivirus 360
- Uninstall A360.lnk
- antivirus360 Help.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\antivirus360
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "13376694984709702142491016734454
- Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu2\Programs\Antivirus 360
- Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start Menu2\Programs\A360
- Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\antivirus360
- Remove Antivirus 360 - Easy Antivirus 360 removal steps. Parasite database on how to remove spyware and rogue anti-spyware programs.
- McAfee Threat Center - Library of detailed information on viruses.
- How Spyware And The Weapons Against It Are Evolving
- Crimeware: Trojans & Spyware
- Windows System Update - Latest bug fixes for Microsoft Windows