Security Essentials 2011
From Wiki-Security, the free encyclopedia of computer security
To check your computer for Security Essentials 2011, download
SpyHunter Spyware Detection Tool.
SpyHunter spyware detection tool is only a scanner meant to assist you in detecting Security Essentials 2011 and other threats. If you detect the presence of Security Essentials 2011 on your PC, you have the opportunity to purchase the SpyHunter removal tool to remove any traces of Security Essentials 2011.
Detection of Security Essentials 2011 (Recommended)
Security Essentials 2011 is difficult to detect and remove. Security Essentials 2011 is not likely to be removed through a convenient "uninstall" feature. Security Essentials 2011, as well as other spyware, can re-install itself even after it appears to have been removed.
You also run the risk of damaging your computer since you're required to find and delete sensitive files in your system such as DLL files and registry keys. It is recommended you use a good spyware remover to remove Security Essentials 2011 and other spyware, adware, trojans and viruses on your computer.
Run a Security Essentials 2011 scan/check to successfully detect all Security Essentials 2011 files with the SpyHunter Spyware Detection Tool. If you wish to remove Security Essentials 2011, you can either purchase the SpyHunter spyware removal tool to remove Security Essentials 2011 or follow the Security Essentials 2011 manual removal method provided in the "Remedies and Prevention" section.
Method of Infection
There are many ways your computer could get infected with Security Essentials 2011. Security Essentials 2011 can come bundled with shareware or other downloadable software.
Another method of distributing Security Essentials 2011 involves tricking you by displaying deceptive pop-up ads that may appear as regular Windows notifications with links which look like buttons reading Yes and No. No matter which "button" that you click on, a download starts, installing Security Essentials 2011 on your system. Security Essentials 2011 installs on your computer through a trojan and may infect your system without your knowledge or consent.
If you think you may already be infected with Security Essentials 2011, use this SpyHunter Spyware dectection tool to detect Security Essentials 2011 and other common Spyware infections. After detection of Security Essentials 2011, the next advised step is to remove Security Essentials 2011 with the purchase of the SpyHunter Spyware removal tool.
Security Essentials 2011 may attempt to change your computer's desktop, hijack your browser, monitor your Internet browsing activities, change system files, and can do this without your knowledge or permission. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to remove all traces of Security Essentials 2011 from your computer.
Remedies and Prevention
Security Essentials 2011, as well as other Spyware, are constantly evolving and becoming more advanced to avoid detection. Security Essentials 2011 along with its variants can install in different locations and even when you try to uninstall it you find they reappear when you reboot your computer.
Install a good anti-spyware software
When there's a large number of traces of Spyware, for example Security Essentials 2011, that have infected a computer, the only remedy may be to automatically run a Spyware scan from a good anti-spyware software designed to detect Security Essentials 2011 and other types of spyware.
Remove Security Essentials 2011 manually
Another method to remove Security Essentials 2011 is to manually delete Security Essentials 2011 files in your system. Detect and remove the following Security Essentials 2011 files:
- %Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\Security Essentials 2011\SE2010.exe
- %Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\Security Essentials 2011\
- %Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Desktop\Security Essentials 2011.LNK
- %Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Security Essentials 2011.LNK
- %Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Start Menu\Security Essentials 2011.LNK
- %Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\Security Essentials 2011\[randomcharacters]\
- %Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\Security Essentials 2011\[randomcharacters]\[randomcharacters].cfg
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PhishingFilter
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\shell
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify
- McAfee Threat Center - Library of detailed information on viruses.
- How Spyware And The Weapons Against It Are Evolving
- Crimeware: Trojans & Spyware
- Windows System Update - Latest bug fixes for Microsoft Windows