Windows Vista Restore
From Wiki-Security, the free encyclopedia of computer security
To check your computer for Windows Vista Restore, download
SpyHunter Spyware Detection Tool.
SpyHunter spyware detection tool is only a scanner meant to assist you in detecting Windows Vista Restore and other threats. If you detect the presence of Windows Vista Restore on your PC, you have the opportunity to purchase the SpyHunter removal tool to remove any traces of Windows Vista Restore.
Detection of Windows Vista Restore (Recommended)
Windows Vista Restore is difficult to detect and remove. Windows Vista Restore is not likely to be removed through a convenient "uninstall" feature. Windows Vista Restore, as well as other spyware, can re-install itself even after it appears to have been removed.
You also run the risk of damaging your computer since you're required to find and delete sensitive files in your system such as DLL files and registry keys. It is recommended you use a good spyware remover to remove Windows Vista Restore and other spyware, adware, trojans and viruses on your computer.
Run a Windows Vista Restore scan/check to successfully detect all Windows Vista Restore files with the SpyHunter Spyware Detection Tool. If you wish to remove Windows Vista Restore, you can either purchase the SpyHunter spyware removal tool to remove Windows Vista Restore or follow the Windows Vista Restore manual removal method provided in the "Remedies and Prevention" section.
Method of Infection
There are many ways your computer could get infected with Windows Vista Restore. Windows Vista Restore can come bundled with shareware or other downloadable software.
Another method of distributing Windows Vista Restore involves tricking you by displaying deceptive pop-up ads that may appear as regular Windows notifications with links which look like buttons reading Yes and No. No matter which "button" that you click on, a download starts, installing Windows Vista Restore on your system. Windows Vista Restore installs on your computer through a trojan and may infect your system without your knowledge or consent.
If you think you may already be infected with Windows Vista Restore, use this SpyHunter Spyware dectection tool to detect Windows Vista Restore and other common Spyware infections. After detection of Windows Vista Restore, the next advised step is to remove Windows Vista Restore with the purchase of the SpyHunter Spyware removal tool.
Windows Vista Restore may attempt to change your computer's desktop, hijack your browser, monitor your Internet browsing activities, change system files, and can do this without your knowledge or permission. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to remove all traces of Windows Vista Restore from your computer.
Remedies and Prevention
Windows Vista Restore, as well as other Spyware, are constantly evolving and becoming more advanced to avoid detection. Windows Vista Restore along with its variants can install in different locations and even when you try to uninstall it you find they reappear when you reboot your computer.
Install a good anti-spyware software
When there's a large number of traces of Spyware, for example Windows Vista Restore, that have infected a computer, the only remedy may be to automatically run a Spyware scan from a good anti-spyware software designed to detect Windows Vista Restore and other types of spyware.
Remove Windows Vista Restore manually
Another method to remove Windows Vista Restore is to manually delete Windows Vista Restore files in your system. Detect and remove the following Windows Vista Restore files:
- %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\Windows Vista Restore.exe
- %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\Windows Vista Restore.dll
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Vista Restore\
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Vista Restore\Windows Vista Restore.lnk
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "Windows Vista Restore.exe"
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableTaskMgr" = '1'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "CertificateRevocation" = '0'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced "ShowSuperHidden" = '0'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced "Hidden" = '0'
- Remove Windows Vista Restore - Easy Windows Vista Restore removal steps. Parasite database on how to remove spyware and rogue anti-spyware programs.
- McAfee Threat Center - Library of detailed information on viruses.
- How Spyware And The Weapons Against It Are Evolving
- Crimeware: Trojans & Spyware
- Windows System Update - Latest bug fixes for Microsoft Windows